The Eurovision Song Contest is now just days away and this year’s event will hit the grounds running as two of the big favourites to win compete in the first semi final.
Last year’s competition was won by Ukraine, thanks to the Kalush Orchestra topping the leaderboard with their song Stefania. However, given what has been going on in the country over the last year, the European Broadcasting Union ruled that Ukraine weren’t in a position to host in 2023.
The job of taking on Eurovision was then picked up by the UK and the BBC, with Liverpool being chosen as host city in the autumn. And now the contest very nearly upon us, as all 37 acts competing for their respective countries get stuck into rehearsals at the M&S Bank Arena, the main home of this year’s event.
That will be the venue that will host both Eurovision semi finals, as well as the grand final on Saturday, May 13 and the various preview shows that fans have also been snapping up tickets for.
The first semi final will take place at the arena on Tuesday, May 9 and be broadcast live to millions on BBC One as both Sweden and Finland, the two favourites for this year’s title perform. There will asl;so be an interval performance from Rita Ora.
Eurovision 2023 semi final 1 running order
1. Alessandra – Queen of Kings – Norway
2. The Busker – Dance (Our Own Party) – Malta
3. Luke Black – Samo Mi Se Spava – Serbia
4. Sudden Lights – Aijā – Latvia
5. Mimicat – Ai Coração – Portugal
6. Wild Youth – We Are One – Ireland
7. Let 3 – Mama ŠČ! – Croatia
8. Remo Forrer – Watergun – Switzerland
9. Noa Kirel – Unicorn – Israel
10. Pasha Parfeni – Soarele şi Luna – Moldova
11. Loreen – Tattoo – Sweden
12. TuralTuranX – Tell Me More – Azerbaijan
13. Vesna – My Sister’s Crown – Czechia
14. Mia Nicolai & Dion Cooper – Burning Daylight – Netherlands
15. Käärijä – Cha Cha Cha – Finland
* If you’re having a Eurovision party at home you can download our handy sweepstake kit here
*Sign up to get the latest TV and showbiz news straight to your inbox with the Chronicle TV and celebs newsletter. If you can’t see the form below, click HERE
Read The Full Story Here: Source